Saturday, July 17, 2010

Balance

Balance is elusive, compelling and imperative. I struggle with balance - in parenting, in working, in relaxing, in life. This elusive state has been on my mind a lot more lately and I have decided to adopt "rhythm" into my life more regularly. Rhythm to me is a predictability in my day, an intuitive knowing that cycles will be more intrinsic, an honouring of BALANCE. To follow rhythms means comfort, solace and connectedness. For small children, predictability is key to keeping overwhelm low, confidence and self-esteem high and allows pressure valves in the day. These pressure valves are decompression times - circadian rhythms are followed, the body rests, restores and revitalizes. I truly believe as we grow and age we, like children, need unscheduled time. True disengagement from media, stimulation and drama will break addictions, stop triggering life traps and allow us to come home to ourselves. Listen to your heart, your body, your rhythms - finding balance will no longer be so elusive if you do.

1 comment: