Saturday, July 10, 2010

Collapsing

It never ceases to amaze me every time I am truly "in spirit" and emotionally connected to the moment I am in that everything else collapses. Zoning out is such an active assault on every day life - it eats up time, it defragments our memory and it pushes our panic buttons. Stripping away the accumulation of insults, hurts and things we THINK are true is imperative to thriving - not just surviving. As I study the intricate kink of the curl in my second biggest life lesson's hair, as I nuzzle the neck of my seven year old nephew, I am living. When my oldest child snuggles against me, twenty years of being broken open grounds me. Because I am humbled at the sheer volume of compassion my son exhibits towards his sisters when he feels their sadness I am stopped in my tracks - time stands still. Lying on a lounge chair, my neice cuddled up against me staring at the stars on a warm Florida night in March, I feel my heart bursting. Collapsing from the inside out, entangled in the energy of all of the beauty that surrounds me every day, affected by it, surrendering to it and being it - demoralizes, diminishes and destroys the active assault that so many of us perceive as life. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment