Monday, June 28, 2010

Contemplate Perfection

What if, for one day, you did NOT judge yourself. What if the tape that was installed in your head was not allowed to rewind? How would your life feel, look and take shape if you didn't entertain the notion that you are broken? We do not need fixing - we need to soften and practise kindness with ourselves. On Friday night after an AWESOME day, I felt riveted anger with everything. My default map wanted me to pillage and tear apart all that I came into contact with. I took up space by myself and softened to the anger, which made way for the incredible overwhelming sadness that rushed in. It wasn't until 2am Saturday morning that I was able to sleep - hours of crying can release that which you have allowed to sit with you. I grew up in a family where anger was not allowed and it took me years to understand that anger is something that needs to be processed and more importantly needs room to grow. All of our feelings need room to grow - in order to fully experience pure joy, anger needs to be fully experienced as well. Honour this in your children and empathize with them because they are a direct reflection of YOU. If you are unable to be comfortable with anger, crying, tantrums or "BAD BEHAVIOUR" soften to your own feelings first. Your children are the intelligent barometers of your feelings - they are perfect, whole and complete when they come to us, just as we were as we entered this plane. Contemplate their perfection - at times I find my childrens' collective and individual beauty almost too much to bear. Allow - yourself to contemplate your children and their beauty as well as your own - it is amazing how much softening can happen if we remove judgement - even just for one day. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment